There are many ways to make organic fertilizer to fertilize garden plants. Although these products can be purchased in multiple commercial presentations, there are 100% natural ingredients that provide a “plus” of nutrients for the soil.
In fact, they are options that have been used since antiquity in all crops, but that was replaced by synthetic fertilizer. The latter, although it nourishes the soil quickly, can cause long-term negative effects, since it ends up exhausting it.
While it is true that the roots of plants do not distinguish between one type of fertilizer and another, those that are of industrial origin end up creating imbalances. Not only do they diminish the presence of “good” microbes, but they also end up with earthworms. How to make organic fertilizer?
1. Make organic manure from banana peel
The banana peel is one of the best ingredients to make organic compost because of its potassium content. This essential mineral is one of the most important nutrients for plants after nitrogen. Involved in photosynthesis and the formation of resistant tissues.
In addition, it helps to revitalize the plants when they diminish their flowering or acquire an opaque appearance. The best thing is that they can be used in their natural state or, well, prepared in tea.
- Cut the banana peels into several strips and put them to boil in a pot with water for 15 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the fire and wait for it to rest.
- Finally, spray the fertilizer around the plant. If you wish, you can leave the husks.
You may continue reading: What Are The Best Natural Relaxants
2. Organic apple cider vinegar
The acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar can help fertilize plants that grow on acid soils. The absorption of its nutrients helps keep the plant in good condition and prevents its leaves from acquiring a burnt appearance.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the water to water the plants and use it as usual.
- Repeat your application at least once a month.
3. Make organic fertilizer with eggshells
When making an organic fertilizer with eggshells, other natural ingredients are usually used. However, they can also be used by themselves, since they contain high doses of calcium and prevent apical rot in plants such as tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant.
- Crush several eggshells and insert them in the bottom of your plantations.
- Optionally, dry the shells and turn them into a fine powder using a grinder.
- Then, apply the powder in the surroundings of the plant.
4. Organic fertilizer of wood ash
Making an organic fertilizer with wood ash can promote the maturation of flowers and fruits of several plants. This natural element contains high doses of potassium and phosphorus, both necessary for soil enrichment.
On the other hand, it contains substances that repel ants and other types of pests. However, it should be avoided for acidic soil species, since it alters the pH of the soil.
- Take a good amount of wood ashes and dilute them in water.
- Next, water the liquid over the desired plants.
- If you prefer, spread a thin layer of ashes 2 or 3 centimeters away from the stem.
Note: you should check that the ashes do not come from woods compromised with heavy metals or polluting elements. If so, its use can ruin the garden.
5. Organic fertilizer with algae
One of the organic fertilizers that almost nobody knows is the algae. This natural ingredient, which can be purchased both fresh and dry, contains powerful trace elements that serve as food for the “good” microbes that inhabit the soil.
Its use keeps plants looking healthy and prevents them from wilting. In addition, it protects them against some microorganisms that cause the diseases.
- Chop a generous amount of seaweed and add them in a bucket with water.
- Cover the tray and let the fertilizer stand for 2 or 3 weeks.
- After this time, use the liquid to soak the floor.
- For small plants, just apply 2 cups. If the plant is medium or large, you can spray 4 to 6 cups.
Do you want to revitalize the plants in your garden? Do not spend on expensive industrial fertilizers. Before that, use one of the mentioned ingredients and check your properties for yourself.
“Lifecell” also invited you to read this article: http://www.speakymagazine.com/rosemary-at-home/