Serves/Makes: 8 – 10 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into thirds
- 12 pieces oven ready lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 large green peppers, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
How to cook Chicken Cacciatore Lasagna:
- Remove 12 pieces of pasta from package; heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large skillet over medium het, heat oil; add green pepper.
- Cook until tender, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in 13 x 9 x 2 inches (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking dish, spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Place 3 pieces uncooked pasta croswise in dish (pieces should not overlap or touch side of pan since they will expand when baked).
- Spread about 2/3 cup of sauce over pasta, covering pasta completely.
- Layer one-third each green peppers rings, chicken and mushrooms over sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times.
- Top with remaining 3 pasta pieces.
- SPread remaining sauce on top, covering pasta completely.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
The Chicken Cacciatore Lasagna recipe is delicious and fabulous.
This recipe for Chicken Cacciatore Lasagna serves/makes: 8 – 10 servings.