When we have irritated eyes, we only want something that gives us immediate relief and freshness. If we do not get it, our eyes redden, sting and create great discomfort.
Discover in this article 5 homemade solutions to refresh the irritated eyes in a natural way. With the help of some foods, medicinal plants, and simple techniques you can always have at hand some effective remedy for this eye problem.
Why are my eyes irritated?
Today there are many factors that can cause eye irritation :
- An unbalanced diet, poor in nutrients and rich in fatty, refined and sugary foods.
- Lack of hydration, that is, drinking less than a liter and a half of water a day.
- Environmental pollution.
- Continuous exposure to the computer, mobile, voltage and other electronic devices.
- Eye strain
- Use of cosmetics with synthetic ingredients.
- Certain diseases.
5 Natural medicine for irritated eyes
It is likely that we have seen some natural treatment in which slices of cucumber are placed over the eyes. With this simple remedy, we get an immediate calming and refreshing effect, besides being a great antioxidant to prevent wrinkles.
The cucumber in the eyes is also an effective solution for pouches and swollen eyelids. The best moments to apply it are when we wake up or at the end of the day. If we spend many hours in front of the computer, we should always have some slices of cucumber on hand.
Keep reading: Remove The Scratches Of The Glasses With These 6 Tricks
For those who need a quick and homemade remedy that eases irritated eyes easily, chamomile is an ideal option.
- We should only prepare an infusion with two sachets and let them cool.
- When they are warm, we will put them over closed eyes and we will stay like this for about 10 minutes.
Chamomile is a plant with anti-inflammatory properties that calms irritation. In addition, it has the great advantage that we always have it at hand. However, if we want to increase the sensation of freshness, we can prepare the infusion and store the sachets in the freezer to use them very cold.
The potato is a solution similar to cucumber. This tubercle allows us to provide a great hydration not only to the eyes but to the entire contour. This area of the skin is very delicate and suffers greatly from the effects of free radicals.
We just have to put some slices of freshly cut potato on the closed eyes and rest a few minutes. We could also soak a cotton ball in raw potato juice and give a gentle touch on the eyelids.
4. The technique of patting
Ocular gymnastics exists and can be very beneficial to treat some disorders and to prevent vision loss before we have to wear glasses. In addition to practicing all kinds of movements with the eyes, we can also resort to the tapping technique to calm eye irritation and inflammation. In addition, we will also relax in a few minutes.
How do we do it?
- We will sit in front of a table.
- We will rub hands together until they get warm.
- We will support the elbows on the table and the head on the hands so that the hollow of the palm of the hand coincides with the eyes. Therefore, the hand does not touch the eyeball but is the support of the cheekbones and eyebrows.
- We will close our eyes without pressing the eyelids and we will try to relax the eye completely.
- We will breathe with tranquility while we relax with the darkness.
- We will feel how all the weight of the muscles surrounding the eyes rests on the hand.
- We will remain in this position for 2 and 5 minutes.
- If we have cold hands we can rub them again and continue the necessary time.
- We can do the tapping at any time and in any place.
Eyebright is one of the most popular medicinal plants for treating eye problems. In fact, thanks to its vitamin and mineral content, it effectively prevents and combats:
- The redness
- The bags
- the sties
The most comfortable and practical way to use eyebright is by means of an eye drop since nowadays it is easy to find them in any pharmacy or herbalist. However, we can also apply the infusion with eye compresses.
We also invite you to read this article: http://ehsaaan.com/how-to-make-a-tonic-for-the-face-home/