To eliminate the bad smell of the towels it is not necessary to purchase perfumed products. Although the use of softeners and conventional soaps can help, it is better to opt for ecological cleaning tricks that serve the same purpose.
It is true that the market options have stronger aromas that last several days after application; However, due to its content of aggressive chemical compounds, they are harmful to the environment and can affect the appearance of respiratory allergies.
The good news is that natural solutions have properties that effectively remove dirt and odor of moisture. In addition, they are available to most people, since they are inexpensive and available in all supermarkets.
Tips to eliminate the bad smell of towels
After several days of use, the towels acquire an annoying wet smell that is only eliminated during the washing process. Due to its contact with water residues, dead cells, and mold, they acquire a dirty and perky appearance that is very unpleasant.
The drawback is that many do not know how to wash them well so that they are soft and free of odor. However, with a few simple natural cleaning tricks, leaving them impeccable will not be a problem. Take note!
1. White vinegar and baking soda
The cleaning solution made with white vinegar and baking soda is one of the best alternatives to eliminate the bad smell of the towels. In fact, it penetrates easily into your tissues and helps release the dirt that is stuck.
In addition, its antifungal and antifungal properties eliminate bacteria, mold, and microorganisms that can cause infections and strong odors. As if that were not enough, it has an effect that replaces conventional fabric softeners.
- Hot water (the necessary)
- 1 cup of white vinegar (250 ml)
- ½ cup of baking soda (100 g)
- Put the towels in the washing machine and cover them with the amount of hot water that is necessary.
- Next, add the white vinegar cup and start the wash cycle.
- Leave the towels inside the machine and fill again with hot water.
- Finally, add the baking soda and run the washing again. They will be as good as new!
You may continue reading: Discover What Your Nails Say About Your Personality
2. Lemon juice
Because of its concentration of citric acid, lemon juice is an excellent option for bleaching and disinfecting all kinds of garments. In the same way, these properties and their acid scent help eliminate the bad smell of the towels.
- ½ cup of lemon juice (125 ml)
- 4 cups of hot water (1 liter)
- Pour the lemon juice into a bucket and mix it with the hot water.
- Dip the towels in the solution and let them soak for 40 minutes.
- After this time, put them in the washing machine and wash them with regular detergent.
3. Salt and lemon oil
This preparation with salt and lemon oil has two functions. First, the salt helps remove stains from the towels, leaving them looking whiter. For its part, the lemon oil neutralizes the bad smell and helps to leave the soft tissues.
- 1 tablespoon of salt (10 g)
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 cups of hot water (1 liter)
- Keep in mind that for every liter of water you should use a spoonful of salt. Then, if you are going to wash several towels, increase the quantities.
- Add all the ingredients in a bucket and make sure to mix them well.
- Soak the dirty towels and leave them at least one hour.
- When this time passes, rub them to facilitate the removal of dirt.
- Finally, wash them in the washing machine with the usual soap.
4. Milk and peppermint oil
This product to eliminate the bad smell of the towels is ideal for those that are white. Milk is an ingredient that helps to take care of the tissues, prolonging its absorption capacity. In addition, it helps to remove the Perdido and leaves a pleasant aroma.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- Combine milk with hot water and peppermint oil.
- Next, add the towel and let it soak.
- Let one or two hours go by and rinse.
- The result? Whiter towels with a minty aroma.
As you can see, eliminating the bad smell of towels with natural products is not complicated. It also helps to take care of the fabrics and prevents them from deteriorating soon. Do not stop trying!
We also invite you to discover this article: http://www.speakymagazine.com/8-tricks-to-keep-the-refrigerator-clean-and-tidy/