Obesity is a disease in which genetic, psycho-social and environmental factors (cultural), nutritional factors and in other cases, are associated with endocrine disorders. However, the aspects that have the most impact are the cultural aspects related to the quantity and type of food consumed.
Therefore, at the individual level, each one can once have determined the need to lose weight, eat properly and follow some guidelines in their lifestyle that allow them to arrive in a healthy way to the desired weight and that involves less risk Of having other diseases related to being overweight (cardiovascular, diabetes, hypertension, etc.).
- Consume 5 -7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. These provide fewer calories than other foods and more vitamins, antioxidants and fiber.
- Prefer more consumption of white meat (chicken, fish) than red meat.
- Do not abuse the fried foods and prefer roasted boiled or cooked foods.
- Look for the consumption of oil of canola, olive, and oils that do not have mixtures of oil palm or coconut in its composition.
- Drink water instead of sugary or alcoholic drinks, as these have a high caloric content.
- Serve the food in small utensils so that the portion of each food is not very large.
- Do not buy, or keep at home, soft drinks, mixes, and sweets that make their consumption more accessible.
- Prefer low-fat products (milk, cheeses, etc.), as this reduces the caloric intake and the type of fat (saturated) that must be controlled.
- Consume all types of food, preferably raw (vegetables and fruits) avoiding sweets, fried or foods with lots of fat (chicharrón, chorizo, hams) and controlling the size of the portions.
- Fractioning the diet of the day to 5 or 6 small meals as this way the body spends a little more energy in its digestion and relieves hunger that can be overwhelming at the beginning of changes in your diet.
HEALTHY LIFE HABITS
- Complementary to the diet is essential to do some type of exercise to help you spend more energy.
- Seek in everyday life to get around on foot whenever you can and go up and down stairs instead of using the elevator.
Encourage children and the whole family, healthy habits and lifestyle as we have presented, in this way, everyone will be favored and can participate and support each other.
If you want to make sure to take a specific diet for your particular conditions, consult dietitian nutritionist.