Using activated charcoal to have whiter, healthier teeth is very easy.
First, you must have the material for it. A special brush for this (or one that does not mind staining) and a can of powdered activated coconut charcoal.
Your application is very simple. You have two options:
- Create a kind of paste in a mold, adding a little water to the coconut charcoal powder. Generating a paste that you can easily apply to the teeth with the help of a brush.
- (The one I use) Wet the brush and put on top of the bristles a small amount of active coconut powder.
Once you start to apply it on the teeth, you will notice that with the saliva it will start to generate a kind of slightly rough mass in the mouth. Tranquil @ nothing happens. You will have to brush your teeth with the mixture for 2 minutes, approximate to a medium brushing force.
Do not overdo much of the 2 minutes, since it is not advised to perform an excessive brushing with the product. Since you could irritate your gums. (Pay attention to me that I checked the first day XD Too much initial motivation)
Your mouth will be black. Take the opportunity to take a photo of Halloween hahaha.
Once finished, rinse your mouth with plenty of water. If you see that you have left some traces between the gums (is normal), return to brush your teeth smoothly with your normal toothpaste.
Recommended application time
It is recommended to use active coconut charcoal once a day for 3-5 days a week.
Then, you should have about 2 weeks of rest and then re-apply it until you achieve the desired tooth color.
How long is activated carbon left in the teeth?
As I mentioned earlier, I have used it for 2 minutes. Since that is what the experts advise. If you exceed too much of the 2 minutes or you make too much pressure in your application; you can hurt your gums.
Recommendations with active coconut charcoal
These recommendations that I make below, are the result of the experience and situations that I have been emerging throughout its use.
- Do not open your mouth a lot while brushing or splashing black drops around you.
- Be careful with the clothes you wear, while you brush you can get a little dirty.
- Do not overdo your application or you can get injured in the gums.
- Do not apply it in the language. Your feeling is not very pleasant.
- Brush with normal toothpaste after application.
- Do not use it too much. Your tooth will reach a point where it cannot be clarified anymore.
- Do not brush too hard.
- Do not swallow the compound or it may lead to occasional constipation.